Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Toddler Tales: New Best Friends

We were out running errands the other day, when in the check-out line we saw a Corduroy doll. Do you remember Corduroy?


So, we saw the doll and I fell in love, because this is Joshua's favorite story right now. We have to read it for nap, and for bedtime unless I can talk him into letting Daddy read a Danish book to him.




We ended up buying the bear. He was on sale and was mechanical. He tells the entire Corduroy story with movements and inflections. Joshua is more in love with him than I am. Corduroy is his new best friend.





So now, Corduroy reads while I turn the pages at nap time, then he tells Joshua his story until Joshua goes to sleep. I can tell this will be a much loved toy. I hope I'm able to preserve him so he can continue to be for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments