Thursday, January 30, 2014

Making Some Changes

First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone who has stuck with me this last year. I know I grabbed a bunch of you at April A to Z time, then left you hanging throughout my pregnancy, then through the loss of it. It means a lot to me that you stop by, even when all I've been posting is the weekly WWBH.

I've taken a completely different view this year. I've decided I need to make time for things. The fact of the matter is, I have too many interests and my priority is clearly my boys so most of those interests get ignored, which means parts of me do as well. I have no intention of losing time with my growing children, particularly while they are so very much mine in these formative young years, but I can't ignore myself in the process.

Bring on compartmentalization. There are seven days a week, after all, and 16-18 hours in each where things can be done. I'm at a place in my life where I don't need to focus on deadlines as much as just getting things done.

Chasing Revery is still going to be around, I'm just changing things up a bit. I'm going to be writing more from the Mommy perspective than the writing one. Writing may still come up, and the WWBH will definitely still come every Wednesday. Heck, I may even write a story for it and post it up. But I've decided I want my creative writing energy to go where it belongs - toward my WIP.

I will still be writing letters to Dear Analin as well. The greatness of that blog is it really is personal and I have no intention of keeping a 'schedule' as I do here. I think I will add a blog feed here, though, so you can stop by and see if Kris or I have written something new if you aren't following Dear Analin already.

Then there's the new thing. Yes, a new blog. Nicole and I have started a blog called Reading Like Writers. We've been talking about co-blogging for a while, and this particular blog seems to fit a whole in my compartmentalization plans that somehow makes it work, rather than making more work. We're really excited to be taking on this niche set blog and have big plans for where we would like it to go.

There you are. Lots of many changes. I hope you are interested enough to stick around a while longer, and maybe even bring some more people on board. Because at the end of the day, Chasing Revery is my blog-baby and I'm not ready to let it go.

Lots of love,

Carrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments